Monday 2 April 2012

Well worth a trip out.

Now the hour has gone on the clocks, and the days seem longer and a bit of sun on my back, my mind is turning to this year’s boating season so I thought I would list the shows we are taking Darley to this year.  Before I do that though, my mind drifted back to the great fun we had last year, and some of the memories that it left us with, so I thought I would start off with a pictorial remembrance of the shows we went to last year.
4-5 JUNE, ETRURIA
In the shade from the blazing sun outside the museum.
Captain and his mate
Another Captain and his mate, Henry and Phyllis.
Leaving Etruria
Flying through Salt on the return journey from Etruria
25-26 JUNE,BRAUNSTON
The Sunday Parade and Darley heads out towards the turn with previous owner Keith Browne for company.
Descending Atherstone with 4 ton of bagged coal on board which had been transferred from Kangaroo at Griff due to the bridge parapet being in the bridge ‘ole.
Fading light as a convoy travels back to Alvecote with loaded pair Kangaroo and Australia, loaded motor Tench and Darley bringing up the rear.
8-10 July ALVECOTE
Alvecote

And on the lay-bye boats awaited orders---
For the weekend the marina was filled with working boats.

3-4 SEPT, SHACKERSTONE
Being buzzed by a Lancaster bomber
Steam roller up through the village
Steam tractor through the village
9-11 SEPT, WINDMILL END
Windmill End 2011
17-18 SEPT TIPTON
About to leave
Cans and flowers
24-25 SEPT, BLACK COUNTRY MUSEUM
Chewing the fat
About to leave the Museum and head for Tipton show.
14-16 OCT, THAT FULLER DO.
Fun and frolics.  Andrew, off Dove, knew something was going on but did not realise I was wearing his cap!
The boat parade
Winding Darley
The railway children!. (Dawn & Viv)

And so to this years shows.  It is our intention to take Darley to :
Etruria Canal Festival, Middlewich Boat & Folk festival, River Weaver Festival at Northwich, Audlem Transport Festival, Alvecote Historic Gathering, Shackerstone Family Festival, Black Country Boating Festival at Windmill End, Tipton Canal Festival, Park Head Gathering and finally That Fuller Do.  That should be enough to keep me going I think so if you see us out and about give us a wave, buy me a beer but
Don’t bang ‘em about
Blossom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment